Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My way !

As I look back over the years
Traveled far and to many lands
Capsulated life, I quiver
Was I driven and if so
Tell me by what?
Was it only survival or
Was I guided by unknown hand?
What did I gain or lose?
It is long before
The final curtains will fall
But this play has already
Entertained and brought tears
As I laughed and cried
All the way…
It is now clear
That I have led my life
My way!

Met many in the journey
Did not bother to note the names
As I knew these meetings
Were only co-incidental
And only the ‘change’ was certain.
Without mentioning I was
Strong at all times, did not buckle down ever
The bachelor days were lonely
But now I realize
Each to himself and
It is a lonely path always
Why is it so unpredictable?
As if the chartered territory of life
Reveals its story moment to moment
I am glad that I could take part till now
And complete the script given
With energy, enthusiastic and confident
That I have led my life
My way

Regrets are there
But too few to mention
Relationships are definite
As it was not I alone
Though I owned is only ‘myself’
But the play had other actors too
Who carried me when needed
For they are close to me always
now and before
So, how can I forget them?
As the play enters the final phase
I am happy as never before
As if I am glad i made it till here
What else is life?
If not lived ‘positive’
Such an eventful life I did not ask
But then, can we decide what we should get?
Then, Why should I proclaim...
That I have led my life
My way

2 comments: